| HOME | ABOUT | COMICS | ILLUSTRATION | SHOP | DOWNLOADS | FILMISH

Thursday 2 February 2012

Hourly Comic Day 2012

On a whim yesterday morning I decided to take part in this year's Hourly Comic Day, a challenge held every year on the first of February.  The idea is to draw a short comic about the last hour for every hour that you are awake.  By the end of the day you have a wee story about your day, and everyone shares what they've been up to and rejoices!

Anyway, it turned out to be a fun challenge.  It's been three years since I did '100 Tiny Moments From My Past, Present and Future' (where I drew an autobio comic once a day for 100 days) and it was nice to get back to doing some good ol' fashioned autobiography.  It's two very different projects, but I do feel that this glimpse of my life three years down the road is a nice counterpoint/afterword to the stories I told in '100 Tiny Moments...'.

If you enjoyed my hourly comic, I hope you'll have a look at '100 Tiny Moments'.  Even better, you can order a limited edition printed copy from my shop.  Also, don't forget to check out the entries by other people, which you can see over hereHourly Comics Day is a fantastic idea that is a pleasure to see in action - something that reminds you of what a great comics community there is out there, and reiterates the potential we have to make comics every day.

If you weren't following my hourly comic in real time on Twitter, you can read the comic in full below...




No comments:

Post a Comment